Bible Views Radio Show for January 3rd 2016
Bible Study: I Chronicles 29:4-14
- 4 Because ‘I have set my affection to the house of my God’ (vs. 3) $1.5 billion in gold and $330 million in silver was given to cover the walls inside and out. You might notice in all of the discussion of building the temple:
- There was no mortgage
- There was no ‘committee’
- Everyone got involved WILLINGLY
- 5 gold and silver things made by the artificers ‘and who then is WILLING to consecrate his SERVICE this day unto the Lord?
- If a great work is to be built, it takes money, men, materials ‘in abundance’ that comes from people who are WILLING TO CONSECRATE THEIR SERVICE!
- 6 ‘the chief of the fathers and princes of the tribes of Israel, and the captains of thousands and of hundreds with the rulers of the king’s work, OFFERED WILLINGLY. Even the ‘important’ people did their part. No one was spared.
- You do what you can with what you have and you do it WILLINGLY. Don’t wait to be begged and coerced at ‘offering time’
- 7 ‘and gave…’ another $1.7 billion in gold and another $1/2 billion in silver
- 8 ‘And they with whom precious stones were found gave them to the treasure of the house of the Lord…’
- Obviously missing in all of this is latex paint and cheap carpet and weeds in the yard
- 11 – 13 David acknowledges that EVERYTHING belongs to God in Heaven and on the earth ‘both riches and honor come of thee’
- 14 ‘But who am I and what is my people that we should be able to OFFER SO WILLINGLY after this sort? For ALL THINGS come of thee, and of thine own have we GIVEN thee.’
Giving is all about HEART attitude. Who owns it? You or God? You settle that and you settle the matter of giving.
Luke 6:38 ‘Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, (that’s abundance) shall MEN GIVE INTO YOUR BOSOM. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.’ Sow dimes you will reap dimes. Sow hundred dollar bills you will reap thousand dollar bills. That’s the law of sowing and reaping.